Forging Ahead to becoming the World Leader in Safe Operations
Safety and Quality assurance
- Supervision of ships Operations and Safety on a continual basis.
- Maintaining ship compliance with all Statutory and Company requirements.
- Maintain vessels status for third party and Oil Majors.
- Preparing vessels for inspection by charterers, etc.
- Maintaining Insurance cover for vessels
- Monitoring ocean losses and handling cargo claims
- Ship Audits and visits to ensure continual compliance with the requirements.
- Maintaining the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Maintaining the TMSA status of the Company.
- Provide safe, efficient, Cost-effective and reliable ship management with competent onboard team.
- Sourcing, recruitment, selection, deployment, scheduling, training/upgrading programs, and on-going management of seafarers engaged on vessels.
- Maintaining a high crew retention rate by regular communication and a commitment to staff well-being.
- Continual upgrading of the crew and management skills through training at inhouse training institutes located in various parts of the world.
- Monitoring of Manning agents for the implementation of the company polices and guidelines.
- Monitoring of Training Centres through regular interaction, audits and visits.
- Hold Seminars, Office briefings and meeting with seafarers
- Ensuring appropriate medical attention for the Seafarer onboard and onshore over and above industry guidelines.
- Focus on attracting bright and energetic individuals to train as deck and engineering cadets with the potential to become future officers.
- Overseeing crew administrative aspects, such as payroll services, travel arrangements, insurance, assistance with health, career guidance, communication duties, as well as team-building and family/social programs.
- Engaging Officers and Crew through Welfare schemes
- Full technical supervision.
- Planned maintenance of vessel machinery.
- Periodical reporting.
- Preparation/ supervision/ reporting and control of ship’s annual budget and drydocking budgets.
- Voyage repairs, dry dockings, surveys.
- Special projects handling
- Supervising new buildings
- Vessel Inspections including pre-purchase and sale surveys
- Vessel Performance
- Analysis of Main Engine Performance
- Monitor and guide vessel on Fuel oil management for each batch of bunker.
- Maintain Fleet wide summary of Fuel oil analysis report and carry out trend analysis. Suggest chemical additive as a cost saving or as a fuel optimizing measure based on fuel quality trend and experience
- Maintain Database and guide vessels on Boiler and Main Engine Cooling water quality as per company standards.
- Monitor trend and maintain Fleet wide summary of Scavenge Drain Analysis
- Environmental Performance related data collection, processing and analysis to improve energy consumption efficiency
- Record and analyse Fleet wide Machinery Trouble incidents.
- Attend new building /delivery vessel and create base data for vessel performance analysis.
- Collect major Technical Information from Engine makers & share across the Fleet
- Assist Department in monitoring & assessing Ship & Engine performance, Main Engine Cylinder Liner & piston wear rate and suggest steps for optimization and cost saving.
- Closely monitor Cylinder Oil feed rate in correlation with Bunker and Scavenge Drain Analysis.
- Feedback to owners for design improvements